Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions section! Here you will find answers to the most common queries that our clients usually raise.
Where are you located?

We provide virtual services in all 50 states and we have an office in McLean, VA.

How can I contact you?

You can send us a message here and we will be in touch with you shortly.

You can also call us at 202-709-6439 and our dedicated team team will be happy to assist you. Our hours are: Monday – Friday and 8 AM – 11 PM EST and Saturday 11 AM – 7 PM EST. We are closed on Sundays.

Do you work with out-of-state clients?

Yes! We provide remote services to clients all over the country, ensuring that everyone has access to the best legal representation.

What case types do you work with?

We specialize in humanitarian and family-based immigration cases, as well as business and employment-based cases. To learn more about each of the case types we work with, please click here.

How much will you charge for working on my case?

Our consultations are $99 for humanitarian and family-based immigration for a 45-minute consultation. For business or employment-based visas, our consultations are $200. If you have a case, we will discuss fees after evaluating your case and understanding what your process will require.

Do you have payment plans?

Yes! We offer a wide range of payment plans to meet your budget and make our services accessible to as many people as possible.

Another attorney told me that I do not have a case, should I still contact you?

Yes! We have helped many clients who were told by other attorneys that they had no options. We pride ourselves on finding unique solutions to difficult cases and empowering our clients. 48% of our clients were told that they didn’t have a case before they came to us.
Schedule a consultation

What should I expect during my consultation?

You can expect to speak with our expert consultation supervisors, who will share the personalized strategy that our attorneys have prepared for your case. You can anticipate being treated with compassion and respect as we communicate our action plan to help you move toward a secure future in the United States.

How do I know if my case will qualify?

Every case is different, and a personalized evaluation is required to determine your eligibility for various options based on your circumstances. During your consultation, we will learn your story and ask you important questions to explore every possible option.

Will my spouse be notified?

Your spouse will NOT be notified unless you choose to inform them yourself. We have strict confidentiality measures in place to protect our clients, and your information will not be disclosed to anyone other than you without your consent.

What if I have a criminal history?

Many of our clients have had success despite having a criminal history. It is crucial to be honest during your consultation and with your attorney to determine your eligibility and develop a strategy for your case.

Once I sign the contract, how long will my case take to be submitted?

Our goal is to file it as soon as possible, but it often depends on how long it takes you (as the client) to provide us with your documents. Once we receive, assess, and complete all the documents, our aim is to submit your case within 15 business days. This may take longer depending on the complexity of your case.

How long will it take to get a response from USCIS?
  • Response time varies depending on your case type. For example, marriage-based cases usually take about 1.5 years to finalize, while VAWA cases can take 2.5-3.5 years. Work and travel papers can be approved within 6-12 months.
  • If you have questions about your estimated processing time, you can review the USCIS website here<link to site>
  • As a client, you can always contact us with questions about the status of your case.
Can I travel abroad during the process?

We recommend that you check with your attorney before traveling abroad to ensure it is safe and to avoid any issues re-entering the United States.

What happens if I get picked up by ICE?

If you happen to be detained by ICE, call us at 202-709-6439 so we can assist you in the best way possible.

What is VAWA Self-Petition and what are the benefits?
  • A VAWA Self-Petition is a special type of case that can help immigrants who are being mistreated by their U.S. citizen spouse or adult child get a work permit and green card.
  • VAWA Self-Petition allows you to apply for benefits on their own, without the help of their spouse or child, and they do not even have to find out about it unless you choose to tell them.
  • Visit this page to learn more about it.
Do I need to be a victim of physical violence to apply for VAWA?

No, physical violence is not a requirement. Other forms of abuse, such as emotional abuse, suffering, cruelty, manipulation, or control, can also make you eligible for VAWA.

Can I stay with my spouse after filing for VAWA? What happens if we reconcile?

For VAWA, there is no legal requirement for you to separate or divorce. You can get back together with your spouse if you believe that is the best decision for you, and it will not affect your application or your case in any way.

If I file for VAWA, will my spouse/child get in trouble?

No, your spouse or child will not get in trouble. Filing for VAWA does not create a police report, criminal history, or affect them in any way and they will be able to continue living their lives without any interference.

For VAWA, will I have to get the police involved?

No, you do not need to have a police report or press charges to be eligible for VAWA. Our team will work with you to document your situation and gather the evidence needed for your case to be successful.

Am I eligible for an employment-based visa if I have unlawful presence in the United States?

Only if your unlawful presence in the United States totals 180 days or less. Contact us today if you wish to speak with an attorney.

Contact us

Which visas allow the applicant to self-petition (do not require an employer)?

EB-1A, EB-2 NIW, E-1, E-2. Click here for more information Schedule a consultation

What is an employment-based visa sponsorship?

Sponsorship means the employee has an employer who will file a petition on their behalf through their company.

Which visas require sponsorship?

PERM filings: EB-2/EB-3, O-1, L-1, EB-1C. Click here for more information Schedule a consultation

Which visas require a job offer?

TN Visa and EB-1B.  Schedule a consultation

What is the difference between an immigrant visa and a non-immigrant visa?

An immigrant visa leads to a green card. A non-immigrant visa is a temporary visa used for temporary travel or employment.


Still Have Questions?
Still have questions, contact us!